Recipe type: Pickles and Preserves
Serves: about 5lbs
- 3½lbs Strawberries
- 3 tbsps Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 3 lbs Sugar
- small knob of Butter
- Remove the stalks and leaves from the Strawberries and then wash the fruit.
- Place the strawberries in a large Saucepan or Preserving pan with the Lemon juice and simmer until the fruit is soft.
- Gently add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add a knob of Butter to reduce the scum forming
- Bring the mixture to the boil and continue until the Jam setting point is reached (105°c or 221°F)
- Skim off the frothy scum with a slotted spoon and bottle the jam into clean jars. (See notes for Potting Preserves)